- 1 cup organic quinoa
- 2 cups Bonafide Provisions Vegetable Broth
- Avocado oil (for quinoa and roasted veggies)
- ½ avocado
- 1 cup beets, cubed
- 1 cup sweet potato, cubed
- 1 cup yellow beets, cubed
- 1 cup cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup red onion, large slices
- 1 cup asparagus, 3 inch pieces
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
For the Quinoa:
- Rinse the quinoa: Pour the quinoa into a fine mesh colander and rinse under running water for at least 30 seconds. Drain well. This step removes any bitterness on the outside of the quinoa.
- Combine the rinsed quinoa and Bonafide Provisions Vegetable Broth in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then decrease the heat to a gentle simmer. Cook until the quinoa has absorbed all of the broth – about 10 to 20 minutes
- Remove the pot from heat, cover, and let the quinoa steam for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and fluff the quinoa with a fork. Season with salt & pepper, to taste.
For the Veggies:
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Toss the beets and sweet potatoes with avocado oil and sea salt and place on a parchment lined sheet pan and roast for 30-40 min., or until fork-tender.
- Toss the other veggies with avocado oil, sea salt & pepper. Place on a parchment lined sheet pan and roast for 20-30 min. or until fork-tender.
For the Bowl: assemble together & enjoy!
This recipe was provided by Sharon Brown. Sharon first became involved with nutrition in order to heal her son. After getting her son off of antibiotics and completely healthy, she wanted to share her knowledge with others. She became a clinical nutritionist, nutritional therapy practitioner, and GAPS practitioner. She then founded the company Bonafide Provisions, which began by making bone broth for her clients. Bonafide produces a frozen bone broth which is collagen-rich and gelatinous, uses grass fed and pasture raised bones, and contains all organic ingredients.