- 5 Farmers Hen House eggs
- 3/4 cup honey (Ryan likes Ebert’s)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries
- Beat eggs.
- Add honey and vanilla extract.
- Stir to mix in honey, then add milk slowly, stirring to mix.
- Add nutmeg, cinnamon, and pinch of cloves.
- Pour into ovenproof baking dish or individual custard cups.
- Place in pan of water about one-half to three-quarters full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until firm to touch.
- Allow to cool.
- Top with fresh blueberries.
This recipe was provided by Ryan Miller, co-founder and president of Farmers Hen House. Before coming on board full time, Ryan was in college and helped his father out after purchasing the farm. What began as 3 farms is now 50. Farmers Hen House is sustainable in many ways from its eggs being organic and pasture raised to the solar power on the farms to even its compostable cartons.