1 lb Organic Prairie Pasture-Raised Ground Beef
1⁄2 cup Organic Valley Red Onion, minced
1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1⁄4 tsp sea salt
1⁄4 tsp ground black pepper
4 slices Organic Valley American Cheese Slices
3 hamburger buns, lightly toasted
3 slices Organic Prairie Hardwood Smoked Pork Bacon (optional)
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Combine the ground beef, onion, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Divide the meat mixture into 6 balls. Press each ball into a 4-inch patty.
- Stack the cheese slices and cut into thirds. Arrange cheese over 3 of the patties.
- Place the remaining patties over the cheese and press edges together tightly. Flatten the burgers to 1⁄2 -inch thickness.
- Grill the burgers to medium doneness, about 4 minutes per side.
- Place the burgers on toasted buns, top with bacon and serve with your favorite condiments.
This recipe was provided by Dave Greening. Dave comes from a family with several generations of farming in Wisconsin. He’s spent his career working for various businesses and is currently the chief executive at The Organic Meat Company. The Organic Meat company sells grass fed and pasture raised beef, dairy, poultry, pork, and much more through its labels Organic Prairie and Organic Valley. Dave works with exploring new methods to make their practices more regenerative and sustainable along with developing all types of new products.