For the beet muhammara:
- 1 medium beet, raw and diced
- 1/2 garlic clove, fresh
- 2 tsp pomegranate molasses
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1/8 cup walnuts
- 1 sesame bagel
- Labneh or tart cream cheese to spread on bagel
- Pistachios, crushed
- Aleppo chili
- Lemon peel, zested
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Add all ingredients for the beet muhammara to the work bowl of a food processor and process until fairly smooth.
- Remove from processor and stir in olive oil by hand. Adjust seasonings if desired. Refrigerate.
- Toast a bagel.
- Spread labneh or cream cheese on the bagel.
- Spoon on the beet muhammara.
- Top with labneh or cream cheese, crushed pistachios, Aleppo chili, zested lemon peel, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil,
This recipe was provided by Brad Kent. Brad has founded the restaurants Olio Wood Fired Pizzeria and Blaze Pizza. For his upcoming restaurant Bagel + Slice will also feature pizza, but will differ with serving bagels as well and its focus on sustainability. Brad plans to use as much local and organic ingredients as possible along with sourcing a number of productions which are regenerative organic. Sustainability plays a major role in Bagel + Slice overall with its electric kitchen and use of ozone treatment.