- 4 6-8 oz fillets, monkfish, haddock, cod
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- Sea salt
- 4 oz. red pepper strips, naturally fermented
- ¼ cup sliced green olives, naturally fermented
- 2 tbsp wild capers
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Lightly oil a baking dish. Drizzle half the lemon juice over fillets and salt to taste.
- Place fillets in the baking dish and cover them with peppers, olives and capers. Drizzle with remaining lemon juice and with olive oil. Sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets.
This recipe was provided by Sotiris Kitrilakis. Sotiris is co-founder of Big Picture Foods. He originally worked in the world of high technology before getting into introducing authentic Greek foods to the United States market. Big Picture Foods was formed to offer olives which have gone through the traditional fermentation process. In addition to being truly fermented, the olives are also grown using regenerative agriculture.