- 1/4 cup organic sweetener of choice
- 1 cup KAMUT® Brand khorasan wheat flour
- 1/2 cup organic wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon organic applesauce
- 3/4 cup organic milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup organic blueberries
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Wash and drain blueberries.
- Mix all ingredients together except blueberries and baking powder.
- After batter is well mixed, then add blueberries and baking powder – stir in gently.
- Spoon into muffin cups or greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
This recipe was provided by Bob Quinn, a Montana farmer and founder of KAMUT® brand khorasan wheat. KAMUT® is an ancient grain which can be found in all types of products throughout the world, including breads, pasta, pizza, cereals, snacks, pastries, crackers, beer, green foods, and cereal drinks. He recently wrote about his agricultural experiences in the book “Grain by Grain: A Quest to Revive Ancient Wheat, Rural Jobs, and Healthy Food”. Bob also founded The Oil Barn, which produces organic unrefined cold pressed safflower oil.