- 3 cups corn kernels, freshly cut off the cob 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and minced
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp paprika
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cup Truly Grass Fed Sharp Cheddar, shredded
- Olive oil
- Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- Sour Cream
- Add the corn to a large bowl then add cilantro, green onion and jalapeno. Squeeze lime juice on top.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the large bowl. Then stir in eggs and milk. Lastly stir in cheese.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium/low heat.
- Take 1⁄4 cups of batter and add to skillet. Flatten down to form a disk. Allow to fry in oil for 3-4 minutes then flip to the other side.
- Check your first fritter for doneness then apply timing to the rest of the fritters.
- Serve with sour cream and parsley.
This recipe was provided by Nicole O’Connell, head of commercial at Glanbia Ireland. She oversees development of new business platforms for consumer and business-to-business grass fed dairy globally with a focus on North America. In North America, Glanbia offers Truly Grass Fed butter and cheese products. The butter and cheese comes from the cows grazing on the lush green grasses of Ireland. The cows are 95% grass fed.